Sunday, April 3, 2011

Quilters Prayer

I found this on Quiltville.com. I hope that you enjoy it.

A Quilter's Prayer
by Patricia Hauze

Guide my hands to work as Your hands work, to know the power of Your love in every stitch I make, in every thread I knot. May my hands be guided by the same love and care with every quilt I make, knowing that this love and care was and is and will continue to be a gift of blessing to the one it is intended for.

May the works of my hands be pleasing in Your sight, O God.

Lord, bless my work today.

As I choose materials and patterns, may I be reminded of the uniqueness You blessed us all with.

As I cut each length of thread, may I be reminded of the doors that must be closed in our lives so that a new and stronger door may be opened.

As I twist each knot, may I be reminded of a bond of love so strong, nothing will break it.

As I run the thread between my fingers, may I be reminded of the times You have touched my life, my heart, my soul.

As I sew each stitch, may I be reminded of the healing power of Your grace in each of us.

As I concentrate on my craft, may I be reminded of the love and care You put into each of our lives.

As I add my last stitch, tie my last knot, cut the final cord, may I be reminded of the completeness with which You commanded in each of us before we were ever given to this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment